Residents and Fellows covered by this Agreement shall receive salaries as specified in Schedule “A”.
Administrative Resident Allowance
There shall be one (1) Administrative Resident in each program except for the Pediatric, Surgery, Family Medicine and Medicine Programs, where there shall be a total of two (2) Administrative Residents. Effective July l, 2001, the administrative allowance shall be three thousand one hundred and fifty dollars ($3,150) per annum. Effective January I, 2002, the administrative allowance shall be three thousand three hundred seven dollars and fifty cents ($3,307.50) per annum.
Arbitration on Salaries
Subject to 14.03(c) in the event that the parties to this Collective Agreement cannot reach an agreement on salaries, after exhausting the process as outlined in the Internes and Residents Collective Bargaining Act, salaries shall be referred to arbitration.
- (i) The party seeking arbitration shall notify the other party, giving the name and address of its nominee to the Arbitration Board;>/li>
- (ii) The other party shall respond within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of this notice and shall outline the name and address of its nominee to the Arbitration Board;
- (iii) The two (2) nominees shall within seven (7) calendar days after receipt of appointment of the second nominee, agree upon a mutually acceptable chairperson to the Arbitration Board;
- (iv)If the two (2) nominees cannot agree upon a mutually acceptable chairperson within the time limits, either party may request the Minister of Employment and Labour Relations to appoint a chairperson.
- The Arbitration Board shall only have jurisdiction to hear and render a decision on salaries (including the Administrative Resident Allowance) unless the parties mutually agree to include other issues;
- The Arbitration Board shall determine its own procedure but shall give full opportunity to both parties to present evidence and make representation;
- Each party shall be responsible for the expenses and remuneration of its nominee to the Arbitration Board and each party shall share equally in the expenses and remuneration of the chairperson;
- The decision of the majority of the Arbitration Board shall be the decision of the Arbitration Board and if there is no majority, then the decision of the chairperson shall be the decision of the Board and such decision shall be final and binding on the parties.
Notwithstanding 14.03(a), the parties agree to relinquish the right to strike or lockout.
Unless otherwise agreed, where the parties are unable to agree upon the revision of any portion or portions of the Collective Agreement prior to salaries being referred to arbitration, then, such portion or portions shall be included in the new Collective Agreement in the same manner as in the previous Collective Agreement.
The time limits set out in this Clause may be extended by mutual agreement in writing of the parties.
Chief Resident Allowance
There shall be a Chief Resident appointed for each of Obstetrics, General Surgery and Orthopedics. Such Chief Resident shall be a Resident in his/her final year of post graduate medical training whose duties will include on call duties on a continual basis. Article 9.05 shall not apply to such Resident who shall in lieu of amounts to be paid under Article 9.05 be paid a stipend of $3,600.00 per annum.
The Employer shall pay to each Fellow or Resident upon successful completion of part II of the Medical Council of Canada exams, the fees charged to write such exam on one occasion.